WHAT IS AROMATHERAPY?
The origins of aromatherapy stretch back through history and into the culture of many civilisations. Aromatherapy is the use of plant oils also called essential oils for the purpose of healing. “the use of pure essential oils to seek to influence, to change or modify, mind, body or spirit; physiology or mood.” Jan Kusmirek – (Perspectives in Aromatherapy 1992 UK)
HOW DOES IT WORK
The central nervous system can be greatly influenced by smell. Different scents can influence mood, lessen stress and even reduce high blood pressure. The molecules of the essential oils pass through the nostrils and into the walls of the capillaries that cary blood around the body. Similarly when applied through massage, the oils are absorbed through the skin and into the blood stream.
ESSENTIAL OIL NOTE DESCRIPTIONS
1. Essential oils are dynamic remedies
2. Essential oils are synergistic & therefore work better in a blend.
3. When mixing essential oils, keep fragrance in mind.
4. Using note description can enhance blending.
5. Blend up to three oils, 1 top note, 1 middle note & 1 base note
If you are pregnant, NEVER use essential oils or aromatherapy without professional advice