[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Role In Our Body
- Helps maintain clarity and lubrication in our eyes.
- Assists our eyes in adapting to darkness.
- Anti-oxidant, to maintain youthfulness of body cells and assist our immune system to kill cancerous cells and infections.
- Helps maintain the lubrication of internal linings and outer skin.
- Necessary for normal development and strength of bones.
- Helps regulate spacing and straightness of teeth in children.
- Protects against tooth decay.
- Inflamed, irritable, dull, dry or rough feeling eyes. Blindness in severe cases, cataracts, reduced night vision.
- Weak bones and teeth.
- Stunted growth and crooked teeth in children.
- Low immunity to infection.
- Cancers of body organs.
- Oily or coarse skin on face and back, sometimes with acne.
- Dull hair, excessive dandruff.
- Reduced sense of smell.
- Rapid loss of vitamin C.
Too Much (over 7000 mcg daily)
- Dry, itchy, sometimes flaking skin, with raised hair folicles.
- Yellow tinge to skin, especially on palms.
- Excessive hair loss, brittle nails.
- Loss of appetite, nausea and headaches, blurred vision.
- Restlessness and insomnia.
- Birth defects if excess taken during pregnancy.