Powdered Greens: Why are they Good for You?
Organic powdered greens are dietary supplements designed to help people reach their daily recommended vegetable intake. Makers of these products claim they can support the body’s immunity, detoxification, and energy levels. These powders can be mixed into water and other liquids. In general, they contain 25-40 different ingredients fruits, berries, herbs, seeds, vegetables, herbs, plant-based digestive enzymes, and more. The nutritional value usually differs between products since ingredients of powdered greens vary by brand. If you are on the market for these supplements, you will have to pick from a brand’s organic registered products range.
Nutritional Value of Powdered greens
In general, powdered greens is low in calories; however, high in some vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, C, and K, selenium, and iodine, as well as plant compounds that have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These nutrients may support overall wellness when used in combination with a healthy diet and lifestyle. For instance, these powders are high in vitamins A and C that help support immune function. Also, they may be added with probiotics and soluble fibre that can support immune function and digestive health. And because the powders are organic, they don’t have artificial flavours, sweeteners, and fillers.
Benefits to Health
Powdered greens contain ingredients that can help boost bodily functions and prevent certain diseases. Here are the reasons these supplements are good for you:
- They are versatile. Traditionally, these powders are usually blended up in smoothies or added to drinks. This provides you with an easy and fast way to increase greens intake while masking the taste with other ingredients. But, in terms of incorporating powdered greens into your diet, the options are endless. They can give a punch to soups, salad dressings, hummus, and mousse. Also, you can add a scope of the powder to your pancake batter or eggs for a mouth-watering, supercharged meal.
- Prevent chronic diseases. The plant compounds in these powders have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory actions that may help in reducing your risk of chronic diseases. In some studies, taking 10 grams of powdered greens every day can lower blood levels of oxidatively damaged proteins. Also, consuming the same amount of the organic vegan superfoods powder every can reduce both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Increase energy levels. Some powdered greens available on the market claim to boost your energy levels. Even if they don’t contain many calories, they may have compounds that help you feel more alert and energetic. Some powders contain green tea extract that has caffeine and plant compounds that support calorie burn.
- Detoxify the body. Some powdered greens are made to help with detoxification and make the body more alkaline, which means higher on the pH scale of 0 to 14. But, consuming this powder will not impact your blood pH which is being tightly controlled by your body within a range of 7.35 to 7.45.
- They are highly concentrated. In terms of powdered greens vs fresh greens, the former has the advantage if you want to get the biggest nutritional bang for your buck. An ounce of greens powder can contain more than one pound of greens in total. Thus, you are squeezing many servings of greens into a bit of powder.
Author Bio – A unique 100% organic registered superfoods powder combination of 35 foods, which includes the patented Activated Pre-sprouted Barley (a special high in beta glucan, energy and dietary fibre form of barley, made in Sweden) super-greens, vegetables, fruits, berries, herbs, mushrooms, sprouts and seeds PLUS bio-active enzymes in a single, tasty serving.