Pelvic muscles are highly ignored part of human body, but when there is pain, it becomes unbearable. Pelvic muscles are formed in bowl structure that helps in supporting the pelvic organs, bladder, uterus, bowel, and rectum. Pelvic floor myalgia is a chronic pain that often women suffer from either due to muscle tension or some kind of injury. The pain can be unbearable for women and they can have difficulty in sex life.
Diagnose of severe pelvic discomfort can be missed because it is identified after many internal examinations. Often when there is pain in muscles in that particular area, Gynecologists or Obstetrician often first look into organs like bladder, vulva or uterus and pelvic muscle is the last option. Women of all age group can suffer from pelvic pain. Mostly women, who have undergone menopause phase, are likely to suffer from this pain because the tissues become sensitive after hormonal changes.
The best way of treating pelvic myalgia is through pelvic therapy. Either you can call a therapist at home or visit a physical therapy clinic after setting up an appointment. Acacia Fysio plus Zorg is a multidisciplinary health care center. It has total three offices in Almelo – at Acaciapein, Titus Brandsmahof, and Bellavistastraat. The healthcare providers are continuously trained in their skills so that they are always updated with diagnose treatment and aftercare services. They have all kinds of services where patient will be picked from home if they aren’t mobile.
The therapy is done by a female therapist. The therapist, with her hands, performs internal as well as external operations of pelvic floor muscles. This is done through rectum or vagina. Relaxing and contracting the muscles can give tremendous relief to a patient. However, it takes some time, therefore regular treatment is required without any interruption. This treatment isn’t applicable for women who have been through sexual exploitation or assault.
There are various treatment plans depending upon the kind of pelvic problem a person has –
- Exercise therapy includes various breathing exercises and yoga poses. This helps in stretching and strengthening the pelvic muscles and trunk.
- Manual therapy includes massaging of muscles to relax them and soothe them from pain.
- Biofeedback sensors are used to learn about your body so that biofeedback therapy can assist you to relax your muscles accordingly.
- Sometimes when muscles are extremely weak and hand therapy isn’t giving good results, then electric therapy is used where electric current helps in stimulating muscles.
- Dilator is another way of treating pelvic pain. Dilator is inserted within the vagina to start direct massage at the particular points.
It’s difficult to understand the reason unless a patient isn’t suffering with these problems –
- Contracting of muscles in pelvic area which is extremely painful.
- Pain during bowel movement or intercourse.
- Continuous feeling of urine urgency.
Each therapy session prolongs for six to eight hours. Sometimes, the treatment takes months for severe cases to give positive results. Not many women are comfortable with the internal therapy treatment as it is directly connected to their private parts. In such case, they can go for external therapy as well. It is the finest way of treating severe pelvic ache and provides tremendous relief.